Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day #2

This month to celebrate Thanksgiving I'm going to be posting everyday telling what I'm thankful for.

Day #2


When you go a while without things you really begin to realize how much they shape your life. Today I am thankful for my ability to get around. The ability that I have with my car to drive wherever I want and enjoy the beauty of this Earth that God created. I think a lot of people that have cars don't realize how much of a luxury it is to just drive to wherever you want.




In the ten years that I've been driving there have been many places that I got to travel to in my car. For college I drove to New York and back twice seeing a lot in the 14-16 hour drive. My favorite drive is through Tennessee to Ridgecrest, North Carolina. Driving between the mountains and passing through the tunnels is amazing.





This past summer I got to go from East Texas to West Texas twice while visiting my best friends Casey & Lacie Allen. I knew it would be a long drive, but spending time with them was worth every minute. The landscape is very flat and dry west of Dallas but I enjoyed seeing the different views from Missouri. The bright stars in the dark sky was probably the best part of that drive.
I'm really looking forward to getting back home in December and getting to go wherever I want. It puts a huge smile on my face to have that freedom. So when your driving into the sunset take a moment to look at the beauty surrounding you many people don't have the luxury to just get up an go whenever they would like.