Sunday, June 26, 2011

Transitions...

Many things have been changing in the last week and they will continue to change in the next two weeks. I received my plane ticket this week. I'll be leaving on Sunday July 10th on a flight to Chicago, then to Brussels, Belgium and on to Sierra Leone. After 30 hours of travel I'll arrive to the Africa Mercy very excited and eager to meet my friend JD that is traveling to the ship this week. Two weeks ago after I returned from the FMS training in Texas I put my notice in at work. My last few days at work have come and gone and I am very excited to be where I am. It's still hitting me that I am officially "unemployed", but I am continually being reminded that God will supply all of my needs. I will miss the people that I worked with at the Club and I feel like they will miss me because of the kind words they told me when I left Friday.


Saturday was my birthday and I was able to get some things done around the house to for when I leave in two weeks. Later in the evening I had the opportunity to meet some good friends in St. Louis and surprise them for their birthday that was last week. God has really blessed me with the people that He put in my life. I pray that I will be the as much of blessing to the many people that I know.

 
Today has been a good day, being able to see many people at church and getting rested up for an exciting week. Over the last month or so I have had the opportunity to work with the youth at church. When I found out when I would be leaving for Mercy Ships I decided that since God was giving me the opportunity to leave my job that I would take this time to go to camp with the youth. It's been several years since I've been to camp, but I have many memories there. It will be very exciting to spend time with the kids and see how God is using them in the lives.

Tomorrow morning when I'm not traversing the rush hour I will be very excited, but I am even more excited to see how God will  move this week. Please keep the youth in your prayers and me as I continue to prepare for my trip.