Monday, December 17, 2012

Firsts


Today I experienced a "first". I don't normally keep track of them and they seem to happen pretty often with people on the ship, but I couldn't get over it today at work. Last week a phone conference was organized between the two Mercy Ships offices that I order from and myself on the ship. This afternoon at 3:00 I got a call from the Texas office (where it was 9 AM) and we were then connected to the Dutch office (where it was 4:00 PM). So not only was it my first ever conference call, but were were all in different countries.
We went on to talk about some of the food/snack items that we order and how we can best maximize out inventory and ordering. As a direct result of the conversation we will be getting our Pringles from the Dutch container witch allows for more room on the Texas container but it also enables us to offer fresher product because of the shorter transportation. We will also be looking for more international foods that we can do this with.
Today I also got to approve my first future "employee". A lady from the Southwest U.S. has gone through the application process and i approved her to work in Sales as long as the rest of her application/fundraising goes through.
I'm hoping to get some pictures of the shop for you soon. I will also be posting some great pictures from a recent Christmas Photo-booth.