Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Love is

A few weeks back Kirstie, the Ward Supervisor, gave a very good talk about what love is. She hit the nail on the head when she was talking about our ability to receive love. During the presentation she showed a specially made video made by the Communications Department. I'm proud to say that many in Communications are my friends. Enjoy the video posted below. If you can't see it, you can find it here.... http://youtu.be/E92OZHSlfq8

3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

1 Corinthians 13

If God has called me to do this then he wants me to be alive and not feeling dry. -Kirstie (Ward Supervisor)

Are you receiving the love that he has given, if not we will not be able to do the work that He calls us to.

Is it a ship disease to be extremely willing to give and not so good at receiving love ourselves. We end up going empty and can't give out anymore.

It stems from an unbelief in God as Provider – once we learn that God is our provider, we will be able to give generously, we'll never need to fear lack or fear burning out make us hold back because we will understand that God is our provider.