Thursday, January 2, 2014

Don't be like a cat;

I feel like to write a New Years blog I should know what's going to happen in my life this year, but I don't. I keep on thinking that when I get my head wrapped around everything I will be able to share more with you, but I haven't. Seems like I should know what I'm going to be doing the second half of the year, but I don't.

There are many unknowns for me this year. Will I stay, will I go? Will I head home or find a new abode. Will I go back to cooking or will I stay on this journey of logistics and management?


After finding this quote I feel the necessity to step outside of myself and see what the Lord has planned, because if I try to do anything without Him it will fail. And if I do this all on my own I'm REALLY limiting myself.

I can't imagine anything being more exciting than what 2013 was. Working an exciting job on a crazy ship with awesome friends in two tropical African countries. 

This past year I saw over 1,000 people come through from 40 different countries to volunteer in my home. While they were here we served them countless lattes and over 5,000 waffles. On my off time I traveled through 7 different countries. Visiting friends of the past and made more friends to visit in the future. Gave blood for the first time. Spent two weeks straight sailing through the ocean. It has even been a great year for Mercy Ships; making it's first visit to the Republic of Congo and signing the contract to build the world largest non-government hospital ship. Making it Mercy SHIPS again and double the capacity of the organization.

If you're just as interested as me to see what's going to happen, make sure to come by the blog. I'll be happy to share it with you as it happens. Until then I'll be happy just living one day at a time.