Sunday, September 20, 2015

Cageless Birds

Spoken Word from song by Jonathan David & Melissa Helser



Standing on the shore of decision looking into the face of adventure

Desire to abandon all I know

What pushes me is rooted somewhere between misunderstanding and knowing

Knowing that what I want is not within my reach

So I ponder my escape not knowing what lies ahead

Adventure in theory is full of excitement and bleeds with passion for life.

But adventure in reality is full of breathless moments, silent nights and wounds that leave scars and memory on a heart

Can I go the distance

Can I give all my mind to get what the messenger is saying

Can I surrender my knowing

Will I survive the humility of ignorance to attain the treasure that earthly gold cannot buy

Will I ask the question of honesty even if the answer convicts my soul and sends me to the land of repentance



All of these thoughts flood my mind
All of these thoughts flood my mind


As I stand on the shore of choosing

And in the distance of my wandering I see with clear eyes a flock of wild beautiful birds

Swooping clearly in my direction as if they see me and are coming for me

How strange it is that their eyes are full of clarity and the melody of their flapping wings sings out



We are coming for you
We are coming for you