Thursday, October 20, 2011

Picture Update

Here are a few pictures that have taken over the last week.


I went with the agriculture team Friday to see one of the farms that I mentioned last week. Above you can see the seedlings that have sprouted up in their new nursery. Below one of the students is explaining some of things that they have learned.


 

It was a small walk from the Land Rover to the area that they were farming, We passed through a very nice shaded area where huge fern were growing on the trees, to the right you can see that the leaved are 3 - 4 feet long! Below is the farming area/teaching area. The instructor went through training that Mercy Ships provided. Now he came back to his village and is teaching people from surrounding villages so that they can go out and teach more people how to become sustainable farmers. If you look close there are areas marked off that each student is in charge of.



After a tour of the area we went into the hut for a small meeting with introductions, encouragement, and thanks. Above you can see where the ladies of the community played and led songs for everybody. Below you can see The group from Mercy Ships, the thirteen students and a few people from the community. 



Here is a better picture of the whole nursery area. 
You can also see the students and their teacher proudly showing what they have made.



Saturday  I went to the HOPE Center with Tori to play with the kids and take some pictures for her. Below you can see two cleft-lip patients. One before and one after. It's amazing to see them smile. Makes me wonder why I wouldn't smile all the time.





Monday I said goodbye to two friends from Canada, Torey & Tara . 
Would love to go visit them next year since I have met many great Canadians on the ship.





Wednesday night a group went out to say goodbye to my room mate Andreas, from Norway. Every time I go out on the streets it still surprises me to see the things that I do. I will forever think twice before complaining about traffic.

Thank you again for keeping up with what's going on in my life. I'll be home in two months. Thanks for the prayer and support.