Sunday, January 8, 2012

Monday morning ramblings

A lot of things have been buzzing around my head the last two weeks. Many things that I would never be able to convey and many that you probably just wouldn't understand.

I'm sorry for not relaying to you sooner about my job opportunity, but here it is. Today I start teaching a class at Jefferson College. I will be teaching Culinary Arts classes at Jefferson College. A few years ago my instructor from High School had talked to me about teaching there but it didn't seem to be a good fit. Two weeks before I left the ship I got an e-mail from a friend that teaches out there. She said that there was a teaching position for Culinary Arts that would have to be filled or else the class would have to be canceled. I sent in my information, but with the winter break starting just two days later I had to wait till January 3rd to hear back from the lady that would be doing the hiring. I talked to the lady on Tuesday and things have lined right up for me to start teaching the class. I had decided to  wait till getting home to decide on what I would do when I got home. God opened this door right when I needed it, not a day early and not a day late. This is amazing because the semester ends in mid May and would give me ample opportunity to get things wrapped up in time to got to Texas in June for training.

Here's were part of the not able to understand part comes in. I do realize that God has given me this great opportunity to teach at the college, but everyday I wake up wishing that I could be on the ship ministering to the workers and the patients on the ship. It has been hard to read about them moving to Togo where they will be the next 6 months. It was even harder to read this morning that the day-workers would be starting to train in the Galley today. The past two weeks have been consumed with this verse.

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
Ecclesiastes 3.1

I know that God has designed me to serve with Mercy Ships. It has been more and more apparent since the first day that I heard about them almost a year ago. So, even though I know God had placed me in the position to teach at the college I know that the bigger picture is for me to be in Africa. Everyday I must turn to Him to resolve what His purpose is for me in this mean time.

Besides all this rambling I'v also been trying posted below the final numbers of surgeries/training/ministering that was done through Mercy Ships by God as we were in Sierra Leone. The 70,000 plus lives are huge, but for some reason I can't get it formatted to work with my blog site. Hope to get them up for you soon.