Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Not your typical Spring Break...

This week I am getting to enjoy one of the great benefits of being a teacher. Although I didn't get any snow days I am getting to enjoy a great Spring Break this week. Monday I cooked for around 100 people at church and spent the afternoon at the park. Tuesday I worked outside most of the day and gave my car a nice wash considering I hadn't had nice enough weather since getting home. Last night I went over to a friends house and played some games. Now today I'm headed to grandmas and to church tonight for Youth Group and Praise Team practice. In the next few days I'm hoping to make it to the Missouri Botanical Gardens to see the 2012 Orchid Show and get some great pictures there with my new camera.  Then off to Dare-to-Share with the Youth on Friday night. Yes, I did get a new camera. I'm going to be selling my old camera if you know anybody that's interested. The reason for getting the new equipment was so that I will be able to shoot video and upload it so you may be able to get a better perspective of the things that I get to experience when I return to West Africa. There's nothing wrong with my older camera, so whoever gets it will be able to get great shots with it too!

  Daffodil in the back yard.

I was looking on my calendar today and noticed that it's two months till my first payment it due to Mercy Ships for me to return to the ship. If you know of any churches or groups that I would be able to give my presentation about Mercy Ships to it would be greatly appreciated. Or if you would like to donate to me you can check out my Crewmates page. My monthly goal is $900, which pays for EVERYTHING ;crew fees, airfare, medical insurance, evacuation insurance, personal expenses and everything else needed while on the ship. Please pray to see how God would be able to bless you through donating and helping me with this journey.