Sunday, January 27, 2013

Unexpected Fun

Yesterday 45 of the crew participated in AMAZING RACE Conakry. I was stationed at the HOPE Center (Hospital Out-Patient Extention) where the teams would build a fire big enough to burn through a piece of string. It was pretty exciting to be part of AMAZING RACE, but hanging out at the HOPE Center was even more fun. I got there around 8:00 in the morning and since I didn't leave till about 3:30 I got to spend some time with the patients that are staying there. Here's a few pictures of the kids. Mafugi is in the top two, he's in therapy to follow up from his club-foot surgery. In the bottom picture you'll see Yaya from  my previous post. He's getting around pretty well. Sory, also in the  bottom picture is recovering from removal of a very large facial tumor. Soon he'll be having a follow up surgery.
Enjoy!