Monday, June 10, 2013

Amistades para toda la vida


The sail from Guinea was really great.    There weren't any storms the whole week and the ship didn't seem to rock at all. It's an amazing feeling to look in all directions and only see water for several days in a row. Gives me a small understanding of how immense God's creation is. Several different types of wildlife were seen. I only got a shot of some pilot whales, but turtles, dolphins and flying fish were also seen.



We pulled into Las Palmas, Grand Canary; wich is part of the Canary Islands, Spain on Thursday the 6th of  June. Since we left Guinea a day early and has such smooth sailing it allowed me and most of the crew another opportunity to enjoy this great island before leaving. There have been many good times spent over the last five days. With over 150 crew members leaving on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday there have been many goodbyes. Many of us are just going on vacation, but several have finished their time of service with Mercy Ships. No matter if we know when we'll see these people again or not, it's always hard to say goodbye. When you experience miracles happening and life changing things everyday you form amazing bonds with each other.


I'll be leaving the ship on Wednesday for my whirlwind three week visit home and then traveling for a week on the way back to the ship. I'm still hoping to wrap my mind around everything that happened in Guinea and the last year during my time with Mercy Ships. Yesterday marked one year since I went to Texas for training. I could never be happier to have joined my amazing Gateway Family.
Stay tuned, I will be posting the final numbers of our Guinea Field Service soon.