Thursday, November 28, 2013

A language of thankfulness.

There are many things that I am thankful for. One of the downfalls that I have is that I barely ever voice them. When looking at a glass of water I'm the person that says how much is missing rather than saying how much is there. Thanksgiving has come and gone on the ship now. The turkey was carved, the pie has vanished and most people have gone to bed. But I still want to take the opportunity to share with you some of the things that I am thankful for.

  • I'm thankful for a God that loves me unconditionally and gives me grace on an constant basis.

  • I'm thankful for the opportunity to serve the crew here on the Africa Mercy.

  • I'm thankful for people that support me financially so that I can fully focus on my job.

  • I'm thankful for a team of 4 people that work together in Sales. All from different countries, all speaking different languages, all here to serve Christ and bless others serving on the ship.

  • I'm thankful that I get to work on a ship that changes peoples lives daily.

  • I'm thankful that the work we do is so exciting that media teams want to come and document what we do so that they can share it with others.

  • I'm thankful that when I wake get ready for work I travel up one flight of stairs and walk about 200 feet before I'm AT work!

  • I'm thankful that I get to meet new people everyday and learn a little about them, their country and what makes them, them.

  • I'm thankful that many of the people that I meet I get to call friend.

  • I'm thankful that I have friends that are my ship family.

  • I'm thankful that I have been able to travel to meet some of those countries, friends & family.

  • I'm thankful for a God that supplies all of my needs! and even my wants!

  • I'm thankful for a God that lets me see the beauty in his creation.

  • I'm thankful for a God that has gifted me with many talents

  • I'm thankful that I can use my talents to glorify God.

  • I'm thankful for food.

  • I'm thankful that I can share my love of cooking with my friends.

  • I'm thankful that I can capture small pieces of beauty in a picture.

  • I'm thankful for a place that I can rest my head at when the day is over.

  • I'm thankful that God that gives me lots of energy on little rest.

  • I'm thankful for a God that has tremendously blessed me with good health.

  • I'm thankful for people that encourage me on a daily basis.

  • I'm thankful for technology that makes my family only a click or phone call away.

  • I'm thankful that God had a plan for me.

  • I'm thankful that God has a plan for my future.

  • I'm thankful for a God that is equipping me for things that I don't even know yet.

  • I'm thankful for a boss that continues to mentor me even when he's away from the ship.

  • I'm thankful for the children that live on the ship and show me God in a tangible way.

  • I'm thankful for families onboard that show amazing ways to raise children in light of plans God has for them.

  • I'm thankful for you.

  • I'm thankful that you have chosen to follow what I do to serve Christ while serving with Mercy Ships.