Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I am a part of....

 A few weeks ago in the Sales Department our team devotion was lead by Jeff, our manager, and he had a copy of the Fellowship of the Unashamed. He had me read it out loud to the group and it stuck with me for some reason. Somewhere in the past I heard it before, but this time when I heard it I wanted to dwell on it, so I've printed it up and have a copy of it hanging in my room.

It is unknown who exactly wrote it, but I would encourage you to take the time and read through it, I'm not sure if anybody could argue with it. It's quite the challenge.


The Fellowship of the Unashamed

I am a part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit Power. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won’t back up, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions, mundane talking, chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I know live by presence, learn by faith, love by patience, lift by prayer and labor by power.

My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back, diluted, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won’t give up, back up, let up, or shut up until I have preached up, prayed up, paid up, stored up, and stayed up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go until He comes.

And when He comes to get His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My colors will be clear for “I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes

-Unknown



As I have started working in the galley many friendships have been formed. Yesterday on of the ladies had a birthday and as they went to leave for the day, she and two others changed clothes into some very wonderful African dresses. It's great to see the smiles on their faces constantly. The people of Sierra Leone have been through so much, but everyday you see that they push through and never let things get in the way.



Hope you had a great and wonderful Labor Day weekend. I missed being in Rector, Arkansas like I have spent many Labor Days with my grandma in her hometown going to the Labor Day Picnic. It was good to know that some of my dad's cousins and a few of my cousins there were holding true to the tradition.

And to all of you that were at the First Baptist Church Picnic at the Baptist Park, I hope you got to hear my little note. Especially my friend Bill Rayfield, it's always good to know that I can hassle you from across the ocean. I heard that there was a good turn out due to the pleasant weather. If there's any leftover pulled pork, make sure to send it my way. : )

Thanks for keeping up with my blog and the the support that you have given me through prayer and finances.