Friday, September 16, 2011

A taste of summer

 Yesterday I made some blueberry and raspberry oatmeal crisp. It's not everyday that we get the privilege of having dessert at dinner time, but we didn't have any produce to make the regular salad bar. So, I looked for something to make. After figuring out what the possibilities would be I decided that some kind of cobbler/crisp would be a good idea. Fresh berries are unheard of around here, but there are always some available from the freezer. I went online because we don't have many recipes sitting around. When I found what looked like a good recipe I converted it to make enough for 300 people and to metric witch is easier in mass quantities. To top that off I made the recipe twice. The staff was very happy to receive 10 pans of warm berry crisp.
 
Berry Crisp

     2  l    honey
     1  l    canola oil
     4  kg quick-oats
  1.5  kg flour
  1.4  k   chopped pecans
  400 g   cornstarch
11.4  kg strawberries
  7.2  kg blueberries
  3.1  kg raspberries





Last week I received a great package of cards from  3rd & 4th grade Sunday School class at church. Thanks to Mary Gans, Janet Goodwin, Frosty Acre, & Jim Kirby for getting everything together.
I got sixteen different cards, but these three were some of the greatest.

Jeanna

"Don't worry about your life." -Cayden








DeAnn