Thursday, June 28, 2012

Processing *Please Wait*

The purpose in a man's heart is like deep water, but a man of understanding will draw it out. 
                                         -Proverbs 20:5

Here is a song that really has spoken to me. If you want to listen to it before, during or after you read I think it gives a good summery of how I've been feeling. God's stirring up my life, but I'm going to be obedient to what He has in store.



Last week and this week have been much different than the initial week here at Gateway Training. Week one my group did a lot of hands on, safety, easily to comprehend learning. We could see what we needed to learn, took the test and ended up with our Certification according to the United States Coast Guard.

The second week we talked about our Foundations of Faith and how important it is to have that base to start from and have something to work from when we get on the ship and steer the other long-term crew & short-term crew in the direction leading to the Lord. This week we have really begun to process who we are on a personal basis and better understand ourselves and others so that we can Glorify God in everything we say and do.We did a D.I.S.C. personality profile. It was eye opening to see how God created each of us differently. It's easy to say that we are all unique, but when you take a test and it tells you how you act, what makes you move, and where you come alive it'll make you think twice about the person you are.

Today we did Spiritual Gift Assessments. Seeing where we are made to serve God and how we are geared to serve him in those places. Now, this might not seem like a huge deal from your perspective, but as we started off our training here we were asked what out personal goals were as we were going through this training. For me it is to get a better glimpse of who God wants me to be so that I can better glorify HIM. So to look at those two profiles, see how God has created me, and see where I am now it give me a great platform to work from.Tonight I had a good conversation with a friend and I really began to think deeper about the things that I have learned in class.


Who I am
How God has created me to act
How God created the people I interact with
How they act
How we respond to our differences
How we use this to Glorify God and Serve Him together.