Friday, June 8, 2012

Travel to Texas


Well, I made to Texas today. The drive went really well. It didn’t take as long as I planned. It was nine and a half hours and now I’m in a temporary home. This is a short transition time between home and the ship. There will be around 30 people here all going through the same training. We will be having orientation tomorrow and start getting to know each other. The fire training will be pretty exciting. We’ll be in full out fire gear putting out real fires. It should provide great opportunity to get good pictures.

I was thinking on my way down here today. Being on the ship last year took all the emotion of saying goodbye. I thought that it had only affected saying goodbye to people when I was on the ship, but it has seemed to spill over on the rest of my life. I’m afraid that people might think it was impassive or cold. I hope you all know I will miss you a lot.

Sometimes when you go through the process of doing something it feels like its taking forever or just completely unnatural, but everything involved with going to the ship and now returning has seemed completely right. Even today, as I drove down here, the 5 hours it took to get to Texas seemed like it was just a few hours and by the time I made it her to the IOC it was hard to believe that it was already evening time.

I would imagine that the returning people have noticed by now that I have changed a bit of the design on the blog. Decided to have a little change, like when I came home in January. Let me know what you think. Also, for those of you that would like an automatic e-mail every time that I post something you can sign up at the top left of the page where it says follow by e-mail. Just put you address in there and it will send you the post when I update.
Here's a picture from last year to show you that it's not just about training, we have a lot of fun too!