Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Screening...

This morning I got up at 3:30 to help the eye team at a screening. The last time they to John Paul II there were over 1,000 people to get screened for cataract removal. They were completely surprised by the amount of people that showed up for the event. They ended up having to close early for the safety of the crew members. Today there were 16 of us there to  help with crowd management. There were over 300 that showed up and 190 got scheduled for a secondary screening at the ship.

 








 


The people ligned up outside the gate and we only allowed 20 people in at a time. From there they would do the pre-screening to see if they had cataracts on both eyes. The crowd management people kept them in line and made sure the people got the the right place.

On a Secondary note. I want to share something that the Lord has been working with me on. I've been thinking about it for at least a month and last week at our community meeting they had what I've been thinking in the message. There on the screen was what God's been working on in me since the time we got to Guinea.

This is a time of challenge.
A time of learning - and relearning - who we are in God.
A time of doing, a time of being, a time of refining, a time of cleaning out - it will be a time of refreshing and renewing...remaking.
Focus on God (I AM) - be mindful that I AM the one doing it.
I AM Refreshing. I AM renewing.
I AM remaking and reshaping and reforming you just the way I want you.
I AM the one doing all of this - not you. God is doing it.
Be submitted to God, He will do these things - no striving on your part. No worries

Please keep me in your prayers as I continue on this journey of serving with Mercy Ships and God refines & cleans me out to the person He wants me to be.