Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day #5


This month to celebrate Thanksgiving I'm going to be posting everyday telling what I'm thankful for.

Day #5 

Today I'm thankful for the stars. No matter where you go, you know that they are up there somewhere. I've heard the saying that stars holes in the heavens allowing our past loved ones to get a glimpse of us, but more recently somebody said that they are just the handy work of God. Not that they aren't in the other saying, but when I was talking to this person they said that God never had to make the stars He just wanted to to show His power and give us something to remind us about his power.


I always find myself looking to the stars weather it be driving down the road with my sunroof open, sitting around a bonfire, walking down an old country road, or just sitting outside in the stillness of the night.

There are many scripture references about the stars and how God would make Abraham's descendants as many as the stars in the sky.



He determines the number of the stars;
He gives to all of them their names.
Psalms 147:4 ESV