Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day #7


This month to celebrate Thanksgiving I'm going to be posting everyday telling what I'm thankful for.

Day #7 
Today I have to be thankful for shelter, always having a place to rest my head.


I know this sounds kinds cliché but as I was walking off the ship Sunday night one of the guys going camping with us commented on the fact that we were going to stay outside yet at the same time the people that stay outside want a place to live. Have you ever looked at it from that perspective?
As I laid out on the beach under the stars it was amazing to experience not having over my head, but I can't imagine that everyday of my life. Not knowing if it was going to rain, if it would be cold or steaming hot. 

Brings this verse to mind.

Now when Jesus saw a crowd around him, he gave orders to go over to the other side. And a scribe came up and said to him, "Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go." And Jesus said to him, "Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head."
 - Matthew 8:18-20

So tonight when you go to bed, please take a second to thank God for the place that He has given whether it be in a dorm room, single room apartment, million dollar mansion, or a 500 foot ship. Because even the Son of God didn't have a place to call his own.