Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day #8


This month to celebrate Thanksgiving I'm going to be posting everyday telling what I'm thankful for.

Day #8
Today I am thankful for the ever-constant presence of Jesus. He is always there to listen and always there to sing praise to.

 Before I came to Mercy Ships I worked in Clayton, about an hour from my house. It wasn't too much a of a big deal to make the drive since so many people from Festus drive to St. Louis for work. I actually love driving so the only bad part was getting stuck in traffic. Which didn't ever seem too bad and I didn't realize till I got to the ship why. As I drove to work the past year I was always singing praise and worship music. It was once said by a co-worker that my car sounded like a gospel choir as I made the last turn in the parking garage. Everytime I would get in my car I would almost instantly be praising God. What made that apparent when I came to the ship was that lack of commute time. Most people wouldn't complain about a commute time of 3 flights of stairs, but it definitely took a hit to the personal worship sessions. SO over the last few months I have taken the time to go out on Deck 8 (the top deck) late at night and sing as loud as I could. And more recently we have been having a session called 7 @ 7. Where a people just show up at 7 PM on Deck 7 to worship. It's all just because we want to.

Shout for joy in the LORD, O you righteous!
Praise befits the upright.
Give thanks to the LORD with the Lyre;
make melody to him with the harp of ten stings!
Sing to him a new song;
play skilfully on the strings, with loud shouts
Psalms 33.1-3